After about two weeks, I have completed the new Beta 8 release and below I have included the change log:
- Added a programmer oriented RS-232/Serial Data Terminal with ASCII, HEX and BIN capabilities
- Added a TCP Server with a Console with ASCII, HEX and BIN capabilities
- Created a new tab called “Consoles” and moved TCP Client, TCP Server and RS-232/Serial data terminals there
- Improved horizontal resizing
- Fixed: If main window got expanded while located at the edge of the screen, the dialog expanded past the viewing area
- Fixed: Pasting bug in TCP Client and some other negligible bugs
- Fixed: Sometimes TCP Client would not recognize the server had closed the connection - this should be fixed now
- Fixed: Re-arranged tab positions not getting restored on next launch (if moved)
- Fixed: Width not getting restored on next launch (when session exited in Expanded Mode)
- Relocated Net Tools to the Expanded Section
- Fixed: Some theme errors
Keep checking this site frequently. I have a tendency to upload mini updates after major beta releases such as this. These updates fix little things I might have missed during the official release. If you find something annoying or not working as it should, please let me know.
Of course, Beta 8 official screenshot:
Advanced Network Configurator has come a long way since its first Beta 1 release. As you can see I have moved past the point of simple profiles and I am trying to really make this a great tool. Keep checking this site for full progress and Beta 9 updates.